Monday, April 14, 2008

Children's Day at Church

Yesterday, at church, we had Children's Day. There was a parade, the kids did songs, specials and memory verses. For the parade, each family had a themed "float" and paraded through the sanctuary. Our's was Shadrach, Meshach and Abednego (or Rack, Shack and Benny, the Veggie-Tale names).

They were the 3 guys who were thrown into the fiery furnace for not worshipping the kings false idol. The angel of the Lord saved them. They came out of the furnace with no harm done to them and the king thereafter declared "Praise be to the God of Shadrach, Meshach and Abednago, who has sent his angel and rescued his servants" (Daniel 3:28)

So, I made the kids T-shirts. Each had one of the 3 names on their shirt and we used orange and yellow crepe paper for the flames. The crepe paper did not go over so well for Jackson and Leah. They shredded it.

During the song service, Jackson kept me in stitches. He did everything from stand on his head to pick his nose....seriously. He even flirted (imagine that) with a little girl that he just loves named Chloe. She had a solo and Jackson got up behind her and danced like showtunes or something.

I don't really have a good excuse since it was Children's Day but I did forget my camera (I know, I'm sorry). If anyone got some good pics of my kids let me know. I'll put them up on here if I find any.

2 comments:

Adam Wallace said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Adam Wallace said...

I can just see Jackson flirting with that little girl! That dosen't surprisc me a bit.

We are having a family day on the 18th of next month.