Monday, May 12, 2008

Mother's Day

What a wonderful mother's day it was this year. I was greeted by Jackson after Sunday school with a marigold that he had planted in a cup (actually the teacher probably planted it because he did not have a spec of dirt on him :) Emma really enjoyed giving and making mommy smile this year. She continued to make cards and projects all day for mother's day. The sweetest thing that she gave me was a flower (also a marigold) that she planted at school. She had glued sea shells to the pot and then covered them with a sandy plaster mix. She then took a toothbrush and uncovered the sea shells. It looks like the beach! Very Pretty! Attatched to the outside of the package was a card that she made at school. It had the cutest drawing of Emma, her dad and me. Inside was a poem. Ms. Corden, her teacher, started each sentence of the poem and Emma finished them. This is what it said...

My mother is the most wonderful mother in the whole world! She is as pretty as a diamond. She is about thirty years old, and she weighs seventy five pounds.

Her favorite food is green beans, and her favorite thing to do is cook cookies. When she was a little girl she used to play with her friend that had to have stitches because she stut her hand up in the door.

I think my mom looks funny when she wears masks that I make. I know she is angry when she spanks my bottom and sends me to my room.

I wish my mom would make me tons of pink cupcakes.

I love my mom, and I wouldn't trade her even for a 101 cents!

Happy Mothers Day! Emma


Happy Mother's Day to all you mother's out there. I hope yours was as great as mine!

2 comments:

Adam Wallace said...

I'm glad you had a good Mothers Day Courtney.

bekah said...

aw i'm glad you had a great mothers day! i loved emma's poem, especially how she thinks you weigh 75lbs, and how she knows you're mad when you spank her. lol. kids say the cutest things.

i miss seeing you! hope all is well- let me know how you've been!