Tuesday, June 17, 2008

The Love of a Father

Sadly, there are so many people out there who have never known the love of a father. Fatherless homes seem to be more the norm lately than a rarity. I guess, that is why I feel so much gratitude today for being surrounded by amazing fathers.

My two grandfathers are great. Papa Jimmy is smart and witty. He always challenges you to think outside the box. I think he is one of the very few grandfathers I know that can navigate the internet right along with the youngins.



My papa Melvin is a soft-hearted man who has passed along a love of family that is strong and will last for generations. He also passed along a love of ice cream!



Few fathers model the fatherly love of Jesus like my father-in law. He is "slow to anger and abounding in love". He is a picture of patience. Believe me, we've tested it.



There is no other man quite like my Daddy. He has done everything that he could to help us be strong, independent and capable human beings. He has an amazing work ethic. He is one of the very few daddys who can do just about anything a mommy can do. He is an incredible "pee-paw". And he is deeply loved by his family.



And finally, my husband. A man that can say he's sorry even when his wife can't and knowingly looks for the "i'm sorry" in other things. A man who is willing to turn his life upside-down to answer the call of God. A man who has the complete adoration of his three beautiful children. A man who is aware that most important thing he can do for his children is to love their mother completely. I love you.



Happy Father's Day.

5 comments:

Adam Wallace said...

I loved this article and those pictures Courtney.

I especially like the picture of Mike with the kids.

Angie Smith said...

I'm here!!! I recognized your name right away in your email, and I was so glad to hear from you!!! Just wanted to tell you I stopped by....maybe we'll bump into each other one day in Target...cleaning aise, perhaps? Thank you for your kind words and prayers for us..they are more appreciated than you can know.

Jana said...

I am speechless and of course in tears.

mandski216 said...

Man Courtney, you really know how to write a blog! Sniff, sniff! Miss you! -Mandy

Lisa said...

Well isn't that the nicest thing? :)

I do not know your father or grandfathers, but I know your FIL and your husband. You've described them to a "T."

Love ya, Lisa

P.S. Me and my elbow will see you on Saturday. :)