Monday, June 16, 2008

Sea Grove Beach

Yes, it's been quite awhile since the last post. Life has been so full. We are still trying to settle ourselves into our new house. There are still many boxes to be unpacked but it's starting to feel like a home. We have enjoyed swimming at our neighborhood pool and spending time with new friends. Emma had her birthday/ going away party at the end of May (pictures still to come). I turned 30 (that's all I'll say about that). And, Last week we took a much needed vacation to Sea Grove Beach, Florida with my family. It was amazing. If you ever get the chance to go to the beach down around Destin, you should totally do it. The beaches have clean white sand and the water is crystal clear. It's just gorgeous! Jackson absolutely loved playing in the waves which kind of suprised me since he isn't much for being splashed. Emma had a blast snorkeling with her Grandpa, looking for sea shells and catching crabs. Leah didn't care much for the waves but she did like playing in the sand and she got a little more comfortable in the water after some time at the pool. Josh "took on the jellies" (one of Jackson't favorite quotes from Finding Nemo). Josh got stung quite a bit one day when there were a lot of Jelly Fish in the water. The next day the Jelly Fish were gone but he got a little sea sick after snorkeling for awhile. I think he had a pretty good time overall though. It's been awhile since he's gotten to go with us to the beach. We stayed in a beach house a couple of blocks from the ocean. It was very nice. We played lots of card games and Balderdash in the evenings. My sister just got a Wii game system (ya, that's what they really do in Med school) so we played that too. I'm not a huge video game person but it was really fun, especially Tennis. I would have liked to practiced Guitar Hero some more but I do have 3 kids to take care of. :)

Here are some pictures from our amazing week. It's a little cloudy in these but the pictures that we took in the sunshine were a little washed out because the light was so bright reflecting off the water...









3 comments:

Adam Wallace said...

Sounds like you had a good time Courtney.

I love the pictures.

gabriel said...

Cool! Great pictures. I hope we get to see you guys soon.

Lisa said...

It looks like y'all had a great time. :)

See you real soon. I hope. :)