Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Birthday Baby!

Well, yesterday my baby turned two. Where does the time go? Emma and Jackson have been at Mimi's visiting with cousins so we had Leah all to ourselves on her birthday. We met some friends from college at TCBY for a little birthday ice cream treat. They also have a little girl Leah's age so she had a blast being the only child and playing with another little girl just her age.

I know that she is on target developmentally because two has brought full scale, face down on the floor, kicking and screaming temper tantrums, back-talk in baby babble and plenty of attitude. Okay, so that was after she was denied a nap today until 5 o'clock. Besides being extremely stubborn, (and that's not really her fault...I am certain it's genetic...on both sides) she is really a sweet girl. We went to her 2 year check-up today and she told nurse Nancy "thank you" for her finger stick. Nancy said that it was a first. :)

We will be officially celebrating with family this weekend at Chuck E. Cheese. Do you know that they sell beer there? I think there's a reason for that! :) Don't worry, I won't be partaking although I will be sure to pack the Excedrin Migraine.

I also wanted to let you know that I am in the middle of our first re-modeling project. I decided to start with Leah's room since it's her birthday this week. Also because it is a small room which gives me a quick sense of accomplishment. It has been my first experience tearing down wallpaper. What a chore! And it was just a border! I will be putting color on the walls tomarrow. It is a lime-green color that matches her new bedding. Please pray that it looks just as cute on the walls as it does on the little card at Lowe's. I will post pictues when I get it done.

It's late and well past time for me to retire. I'll leave you with some pictures of our birthday girl...







6 comments:

Adam Wallace said...

Happy birthday Leah.

Shannon said...

Happy Birthday Leah from the Brewer family!

"Kimball" especially says Happy Birthday and Welcome to the Wonderful World of Two.

P.S. He loves you... said...

Beautiful blog, wonderful tesitmonies!

Passing through Valerie's blog

mandski216 said...

Courtney! I can't believe your baby is two! She is such a doll too! Can't wait to see pics of the project, sounds cute!

samantha.sapp said...

we are so sad to be missing leah's birthday party. give her some love for us! i just love that crazy girl.

Valarie said...

Happy late Birthday Leah!!! Your Aunt Valarie is a slacker. :)