Saturday, July 12, 2008

IYC is here!

Josh and I just arrived in Gulfport, Mississippi along with our youth group. Our hotel is right on the beach. We have been on the road all day and as soon we got here we went night swimming in the swimming pool despite the impending thunderstorm in the distance. The water was warm and so refreshing after a long day of travel. I now sit in a hotel room french braiding hair and talking about boys with a bunch of teenage girls. It's so nice to get to act young again.

This is the half-way point to San Antonio, Texas where our International Youth Convention will be. We will spend all day tomarrow at the beach before we make the rest of the trip on Monday. We are so excited to get to hear some amazing worship from greats like Chris Tomlin, Starfield, Charlie Hall and Sanctus Real. Some of our speakers will be Louie Giglio, Steve Fitzue, Becky Tirabassi, comedian, Brad Stine and the amazing Skit Guys. We are so lucky to get to have knowledge and love poured into us by God through these amazing people.

I feel like I should be chasing little people around. I find myself having little panic episodes when I all of the sudden realize I don't know where my kids are. And then I remember, they are safe with their grandparents this week. Leah is spending some one-on-one time with my mom and dad. Emma and Jackson are spending some more time with their cousins from Texas at Josh's mom and dad's house. It is really nice to have some down time from the kids but I miss them terribly already.

Please pray that we continue to have safe travel and that new and wonderful things will be revealed to us about God this week during this time of fun and renewal.

Blessings, Courtney

2 comments:

stacie said...

sounds like so much fun!!! i hope you all really do have a great time and get to experience some growth with your group.

Adam Wallace said...

I hope you have a good time. thier Courtney.

It was nice to see Emma and Jockson at chourch today.