Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Everybody Dance Now

Emma has started to take dance classes this school year also. Last night she had her second class. Our church secretary, Jamie, owns a dance studio here in town. Emma will be learning Ballet, Tap, Jazz and Acrobatics in her class. She really looks forward to it because one of the girls in Josh's youth group, Hannah, is an assistant teacher in her class. She loooves Hannah!

I don't think that I realized how expensive dance would be when we got into it. There are so many shoes and outfits to buy on top of the tuition plus they take a couple of trips for competitions. Let's just say I'm glad that I didn't enroll Leah as well...phew! Since we are on a one income budget right now it's going to be tight, but Jamie does everything that she can to make it affordable. We will also be having lots of fundraisers to raise money for the trips and stuff. Don't be surprised if we come to your door selling something or invite you to a car wash. :)

I think it's going to be worth it though. Emma will have a lot of fun with this. They are probably going to be in a Christmas parade in December. Of course, their recital will be at the end of the year in April or May. I'll keep you posted on her performances.

Here are some pictures of her last night. She really looked like a cute little dancer in her leotard with her hair in a bun.

Look at the look on the face of the girl sitting next to her. I think she's trying to figure out why Emma's chewing on her hands....I was too. :)



Stretching...



Here, I caught her shaking her hips when she thought no one was watching. I think she liked watching her skirt swish back and forth...yup she's all girl.



The girl in the yellow shirt in this picture is Hannah...



Practicing her cartwheels. Look at those straight legs!

1 comment: