Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Advice From A Six Year Old

Okay, so I am on a blog roll, but I just had to share this because I am still laughing about it. Tonight, I was putting my 6 year old, Emma to bed and I ask her if she wants to hear the story of the day she was born. She says, "yes" so I proceed to recall everything I can and tell her all about that amazing day.

After I tell her the whole story, she says "Mommy, do you want to have another baby?"

I say, "maybe someday."

Then she says, "You can get something that prevents pregnancy for 5 years and then if you want to have another baby, it is easily removed."

I recognize this little spiel from a commercial that comes on T.V. a lot and I immediately bust out laughing at her. She has no idea why but she starts to laugh too.

Then she says "Mirena, isn't it?"

"Yes," I said.

She didn't ask me any more about it...phew! I think my eyes are still watering from laughing at her. Oh my goodness, I never thought I would get birth control advice from my 6 year old.

5 comments:

Valarie said...

Ok that is a new one! She is such a cutie and smart too. :)

Stacie and Jay said...

even funnier... that commercial is on tv right as i was reading your story! i think that your daughter needs to come to asheville and teach these people about mirena, too! we have too many babies being born around here. (it has been a busy year on the mom/baby floor.)

La Familia Garcia said...

That is so funny....my daughter sometimes says something similar...and she's 9!

We are THAT Family said...

Email me! kristenwrites@yahoo.com

Because you won! Glovelys, that is!

Sarah Craft said...

Love the story Courtney. I cannot wait for Kate to start talking but it is stories like thie that remind me to enjoy her babbling while it lasts.