Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Halloween Costume Preview

I think that our church is having a "Trunk-or-Treat" for Halloween. It is my understanding that this is a tradition and that the youth always dress up as Bible characters, but since this is our first Halloween at this church, I am learning as we go.

Emma has informed me that she wants to be Ashoka (I think that's how you spell it) for Halloween. Ashoka is a character in the new children's Star Wars movie called Clone Wars. I think she kind of looks like an Egyptian lady with the headpiece that she wears. Unfortunately, I have only seen this costume online and it's has a kind of high price.

Leah is not really sure what she wants to be since she's a little too young to remmeber how this thing goes. I am sure she will be more than happy wearing one of her big sisters princess dress-up gowns since she's kind of getting into that stuff now too. She loves to put her sisters dreses on and twirl and say, "Look, I'm a princess!"

Jackson had told me that he wanted to be a pirate but I think he has changed his mind. I just couldn't resist sharing these cute pictures. Jana (Josh's mom) is keeping Jackson this week for a couple of days. They took a trip to Toys-R-Us where Jackson fell in love with this Sheriff Woody (from Toy Story) costume. I havn't seen him in it in person yet but Jana just emailed these pictures and I love them! She says that he has been wearing the costume around everywhere, even out to the grocery store. He's been saying "Howdy Ma'am" to everyone while lifting his hat off his head. Too cute!



1 comment:

Valarie said...

Oh that is so cute! Hey if yall decorate a car for Trunk or Treat, I have ideas. Just call me. :)