Monday, September 8, 2008

Ministries for Mommies

Last Friday, I attended my first ever MOPS meeting. MOPS stands for Mothers of Pre-Schoolers. It's a wonderful thing where you can take your kids to play with other pre-schoolers while you get some mommy time with other moms. You get to listen to a speaker, eat yummy food and do some sort of craft. It may sound a little boring to some but to a mom of pre-schoolers this is great because you can have some adult conversation for a couple hours free from little ones tugging on you. Some other mommies from my church were there and we had a wonderful time. I can't wait to go back.

Speaking of ministries for moms, today is the first day of CPO which stands for Christian Parents Outreach. It is a ministry at our church that serves Parents of Pre-Schoolers. Once a month, several amazing grandmothers in our church get together and keep all of the pre-schoolers from 9am - 1pm. They do all sorts of fun things with them like crafts, water games, baking and singing. The kids just love it!

And mom....she's in heaven. Four whole hours of peace and quiet. I just don't know what to do with myself (except blog). Actually, I think that I will enjoy most of the time just doing the things that I can't do when the kids are here, like reading. I am going to venture out here in a little while and eat lunch with Emma at school since I can't really do that when I have Jackson and Leah here.

I'll leave you with some pictures of Jackson. He got a new Spiderman backpack to take when we go to MOPS and CPO. I don't think that he has taken it off since he got it except when I make him. He is so proud of it.



Notice he's wearing it upside-down. :)

2 comments:

Valarie said...

:) He is ready to go! :)

Adam Wallace said...

That's neat Courtney.

I love those pictures.