Monday, October 27, 2008

A Few Of Our Favorite Things

Wow! My Titles are beginning to have a "Sound of Music" theme. That was most definitely unintentional.

I love how kids have those little things that they just love. The blankie at bedtime or their favorite toy. It makes me happy to know that they have something that makes them happy. Mommy's can't always be right at their side so it's nice to know they have comfort in other things.

This morning after Emma went to school, I went upstairs to take something to her room and found this on her bed.



The baby she has had since she was a baby herself. Now we have bought her Cabbage Patch Babies... her Mimi even bought her a very nice American Girl Bitty Baby, but do you know the baby that has her heart is this 3 dollar baby doll from Wal-mart.

She's been very into her CD player lately. She takes in the car and be-bops to Disney Princess songs in the back seat and she usually goes to bed listening to music with the headphones.

My favorite part about this picture is how it captures the fact that Emma is still my little baby girl and she is my big girl too.

Jackson likes to always have a little toy to carry around. He will go through phases. Sometimes, it has to be Elmo, sometimes Nemo, but usually Lightning Mcqueen.



When we went to the beach this summer, he toted Elmo around everywhere. When we got back home, Elmo had to go through the wash to be de-sanded.




Leah has this book that she just loves to read at bed time. She can read it herself because she has it memorized. It is a Sesame Street book that has toddlers counting their eyes, touching their nose, wiggling their fingers and touching their toes.







Mommy's favorite things are these three cutie pies! What are your favorite things?

9 comments:

Jana said...

Three of my favorite things are the same as yours, and Baby is special. Four of my favorite things speak Texan.

Stacie said...

what sweet babies you have. my favorite things all have 4 legs and leave fur all over my house.

Lisa said...

My favorite things?

Raindrops on roses and whiskers on kittens
Bright copper kettles and warm woolen mittens
Brown paper packages tied up with strings
These are a few of my favorite things

Cream colored ponies and crisp apple streudels
Doorbells and sleigh bells and schnitzel with noodles
Wild geese that fly with the moon on their wings
These are a few of my favorite things

Girls in white dresses with blue satin sashes
Snowflakes that stay on my nose and eyelashes
Silver white winters that melt into springs
These are a few of my favorite things

When the dog bites
When the bee stings
When I'm feeling sad
I simply remember my favorite things
And then I don't feel so bad


Actually, the movie "The Sound of Music" is one of my favorite things. We used to play the soundtrack when we put Jim down for a nap as a baby. He loved it and it worked like a charm. Oh how I wish I could do that just one more time. :)

Lisa

Christine said...

Precious post! Our kids are our treausres indeed!

BTW, I love the color of oyur daughter's room! How bright!

Valarie said...

That is so sweet :)

I booed you over at my place :)

Courtney said...

Lisa - I can't believe that you typed out all the words to that song. Please tell me you copy and pasted from somewhere. You must've been really bored or you really DO love The Sound of Music. I like it too. I have been trying for the 12 years that Josh and I have known each other to get Josh to watch that movie. I think he would like it because of the history stuff, but he refuses. He thinks it's stupid.

Josh said...

It is not stupid. I have seen the movie. I don't know why you keep saying I have never seen it.

Courtney said...

Okay so maybe he's seen it before but he definitely won't watch it with me again. And yes, you did say that you thought it was stupid...stupid! Just kidding shnookums. :)

Lisa said...

LOL! I love it when y'all argue on the internet. :)

I typed out the first line then couldn't remember all the words. So yes, I copied and pasted. LOL!

We own a copy. Would y'all like to borrow it?