Friday, November 14, 2008

Turkeys and The Butterfly Star Band

I'm enjoying some quiet time at the library where I've tapped into the free wi-fi.

You guys came up with some great photo captions that I am anxious to use when I do some scrapbooking. Speaking of, we have lived here since May and I am just now starting to unpack all of my scrapbooking supplies. I have missed it so I intend to make up for some lost time.

As for the captions, I think my favorite would have to be Shannon's which was....

"This little piggy went to market, this little piggy stayed home, this little piggy had...what did this little piggy have?"


I wanted to share some cute pictures of Leah and Jackson with the Turkeys they made at Mom's day out. Aren't they cute? The Turkeys turned out pretty good too! Hehe!




I also wanted to post this picture of Emma. Emma and her friends have started a band called "The Butterfly Star Band." There hasn't been a performance or even a practice yet but they have had a blast writing song lyrics, making ad posters to hang all over the church and deciding who will play what instruments. Emma wants to play the guitar. In fact, that is THE item on her Christmas list this year. We'll see what Santa can dig up. :)



For awhile they were calling themselves the "Beedulls". Not to be confused with the famous "Beatles". When we told Emma that there was already a band with that name, her response was well they mostly stay on the other side of the world so we'll just take this side. Lol.

But, now I think they have decided to stick with "The Butterfly Star Band" Kind of catchy, huh? Maybe you'll be seeing them play somewhere on this side of the world soon. :D

2 comments:

Valarie said...

When they make it big, I will be able to say I knew her when.. :)

Shannon said...

The Butterfly Star Band is the craze right now. I was told that there was going to be a performance at the party but I guess the festivities just got to much for them today.

Also I am so into the Happy Holidays background. Our tree will be up soon!