Thursday, April 29, 2010

Mama Mia!

One of my favorite things that I remember doing with my family as a kid was having a "make your own pizza" night. I loved getting my hands dirty in the dough and topping my own pizza however I wanted. So tonight, I re-lived the pizza party fun with my kids.


We started with these ingredients. Normally you would have more toppings on hand but this is a "cheese only" pizza crowd. We mixed up the dough and divided it into three equal sections, one for each of the three kids. Noah isn't quite old enough for pizza. :) They each had fun patting out their own shapes. I thought I had a picture of all the patting but I guess not. Then we put them into the oven for a crust pre-bake.


Then the kids spread their sauce onto their crusts. At this point Emma said that she regretted making a triangular shape. She wished she had mada a circular shape so she could swirl the sauce onto the pizza like they do in fancy pizzarias. Then she reminded me that a 3rd grade boy at school told her yesterday that she was "hot" but don't get me started on that one.


I told the kids to be careful because the pan was still very warm from the pre-bake. As you can see in this picture, Leah did not heed my warning.


Next they sprinkled some Mozzarella and Parmesan cheeses. Just a side note- Apparently when I say, "sprinke my kids hear "dump huge piles."




Then we returned the pizzas to the oven for some final cooking.


So proud of their finished product!


Noah thinks maybe if he smiles really cute I'll give him some pizza. It almost worked. ;)


Digging into the yummy goodness!





"Hey! Where's mine?"

2 comments:

Sarah Craft said...

Looks like fun!! And I love your pics. Noah has an adorable smile!

Sarah Craft said...

Oh, and I really, really dig your new blog header. What a fabulous picture!